No one is really sure when it happened, or how, but somewhere along the way, whiter teeth and an impressive smile has become vastly popular. In fact, in some countries and cultures, it is even considered a social requirement. People with lesser than that are usually regarded with disdain in those societies, and having stained or yellowing teeth is even causing people to doubt their self-worth. This is apart from the havoc it causes to their self-confidence, of course!
So how do you get whiter teeth? How do you maintain their brightness? What do you do and who do you go to? If you’re interested in knowing the answers to this question, then read ahead…!
• Proper dental hygiene – this matters, more than you think sometimes. Learn the proper way to keep your mouth and teeth fresh and clean. Ask your dentist for suggestions on brushing if you feel your “technique” is the cause of your stained or yellowing teeth. As even toothpastes can help you get brighter teeth, don’t forget to ask your dentist for recommendations regarding this as well.
• Get a regular professional whitening done – if you don’t think your dental hygiene is the reason behind your less than white teeth color, then opt to getting it cleaned and whitened professionally. Most dental clinics have this option now-a-days; more proof to say how popular and necessary having gleaming teeth is for people today.
• Do your treatments at home – if you are someone who is usually bogged down with work, or generally have a very tight and hectic schedule, then it’s a given that you won’t have a lot of time to keep visiting your dentist, simply to make your teeth shine. In this case, opt for teeth whitening strips Australia or a similar product that can be used and applied at home, at your convenience.
• Avoid smoking – you already know smoking is bad for you. It ruins your lungs, in damages your immune system, it makes falling asleep harder…and the list can keep going. And apart from all of this, it can also ruin your teeth. No number of teeth whitening light or strips can help keep your teeth gleaming white for a prolonged period of time, or make your smile better, if you don’t at least try avoiding this habit.
• Avoid foods that aid in teeth staining – even foods and drinks that are not harmful for your body can still be harmful for the color of your teeth. Coffee is one such offender. Realistically, we know that you can’t avoid having it; especially if you need it to function in the mornings. But you can reduce the quantity of coffee you drink, or at the very least, you can brush every time you have a mug full of it. This is applicable even when you are at work…!